Thursday, March 08, 2007

New Chandelier

I wanted a new light fixture to replace a cheap ceiling fan that the previous owners had installed....and I knew exactly what I wanted. The only problem with that is the light I want costs about the same as a new car. So, I settled for a six light chandelier from Lowes. It came with some crappy looking rice paper shades that had to go. I got six hurricane glass shades, but clear glass doesn't look Halloween-ish enough. I stopped by my local hobby/model shop and ordered two cans of Tamiya Clear Orange spray paint. Believe it or not, the paint sticks to glass very well. Here's a before and after pic:



The bulb holders look like candles, but they were white. A little black electrical tape fixed that problem. After the glass and the ceiling medallion were painted and dried, I finally was able to hang the light...after a rather fierce fight. The SOB did not want to go up! I'm sitting here waiting for the damn thing to come crashing down.

And here are the final photos of my new light:





It gives off a nice bright orange-yellow glow. Perfect for a Halloween Haunt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home