Thursday, April 05, 2007

In case of vampires....

I made an "Anti-Vampire Attack Kit". No, I don't believe in vampires, I just thought it would go well with the general feel of the place. I'm also in the process of making a kit for a zombie attack. I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a shadow box(50% off, at that). Then I went to Michael's and picked up a wooden crucifix and a wooden dowel to make stakes with. After I painted and polyurethaned the cross and whittled the stakes, I secured the hammer and garlic to the backing with florist's wire. The stakes and crucifix were then rubber cemented into place. I have some lettering that I'll put on later. Across the front it will say "IN CASE OF VAMPIRE ATTACK, BREAK GLASS".



The cool part was that it was pretty inexpensive to make:

Shadow box-$10
Framing hammer-$5
Wood for stakes-$3
Wooden Crucifix-$1
Garlic-$.50

So, I pretty much made a cool* looking wall decoration for under 20 bucks.





*Well, it looks cool to me, but I'm pretty much a geek, though.

I also got a swinging wall hook for a flower pot. I hung a candle lantern by a chain from the hook. I like the way it looks, so I might go get another one.



And if you're wondering, that's The Mummy with Boris Karloff on the TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home